Your “Save the Date” is one of the first things you can do to start the buildup to your wedding. You only need the the most basic info on it and can be very informal and fun, it also doesn't need to be in the same style or theme as your wedding. Having everything professionally done can get quite expensive, so here is a cute easy DIY card that you can make yourself.
You will need:
- your print out template on strong paper, this is called “Cape Liner”. You can make it yourself: The measurements are 165 x 268 mm with fold marks at 100 mm and also by 216 mm.
- NT cutter and ruler
- Paper Scorer
- Jumbo sized photo of you and your finacé
- photo corners
- cute ribbon and accessories to prettify your card
- Firstly we will score the fold marks to make sure we remember where to fold. It also keeps it looking neat.
- Next we cut out the card along the lines. It's important to remember the half circle – this helps fasten the card when closed.
- Next you stick your photo in the centre block by using the photo corners
- Now you can fold your card and prettify it using cute ribbon and accessories.