A refreshing way to serve oysters - ideal for platters and as canapés.
16 oysters, shucked and kept on a half shell for presentation.
Mango & Coriander Salsa:
30g Diced Mango
10g Diced Onion
2g Chopped garlic
5g Fresh coriander roughly chopped
5ml White Vinegar
15ml Olive oil
A pinch of Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl then top the oysters with a teaspoonful of the salsa.
100g Diced Onion
50g White sugar
15ml White Vinegar
10ml Fresh Lemon Juice
20ml Premium Vodka
10g Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- Place onions, sugar, vinegar and fresh lemon juice in a hot sauce pan and cook until caramelized and reduced.
- Add Vodka as it starts turning brown and remove from heat to cool.
- Add the coriander to the cool mixture before spooning over the oysters.
Litchi & Kiwi Salsa:
25g Fresh kiwi diced
20g Litchis diced
5g Onion diced
2g Garlic clove
5g Fresh coriander finely chopped
Oysters with Zest Asian Dressing:
1 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
1 x 30g packet mint leaves, chopped
1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
Juice and zest of two limes
3 Tbs (45ml) sesame oil
5 tsp (25ml) fish sauce, optional
4 Tbs (60ml) soy sauce
75ml sugar syrup (40ml water and 40ml sugar simmered together)
2 tsp (10ml) white sesame seeds
2 tsp (10ml) black sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, mint, chilli and lime juice and zest.
- Add the sesame oil, fish sauce, soy and sugar syrup and stir to combine.
- Spoon dressing onto the oysters then sprinkle with the sesame seeds before serving.