Creamy Polenta Porridge
We all know oats can get a bit monotonous when you’re craving something warm in the mornings. This creamy polenta porridge could possibly be the fix you’ve been searching for.
Time: 25 minutes
Recipe by: Nondumiso Phenyane
1 cup Polenta
2 cups milk
2 cups water
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
2 tbsp sugar/Maple syrup
2 tbsp nut butter
1. Add the milk and water to a non-stick pan.
2. Add the polenta to the wet ingredients and bring to a boil.
3. Add the vanilla extract, sweetener, and banana.
4. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously until the Polenta is smooth.
5. Dish up and top with the butter of your choice and some extra fruit.
Chefs Tip: This creamy porridge can be enjoyed with any of your favourite topping such as fresh berries, toasted nuts or seeds.