Smoked Spatchcock Chicken
The smokiness from the Weber makes this chicken irresistible!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 2 hours
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tbsp chicken spice rub
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1/2 handful mesquite wood chips
How To Make
- Soak the wood chips in water for 30 minutes.
- Before preheating the grill, attach the smoker attachment and fill the water pan with hot tap water.
- Remove the wood chips from the water and shake off all excess water before adding them to the other compartment.
- Preheat the grill.
- In the meantime, spatchcock the chicken by placing the chicken on a clean surface, breast side down.
- Starting at the tail cavity, cut alone one side of the backbone through to the neck cavity
- Rotate the chicken, and cut along the other side of the backbone until the backbone is removed
- Season the chicken with the spice rub, and coat in the BBQ sauce.
- Place the chicken on the grill and smoke for about an hour or until cooked through.
- Flipping and rotating as needed to avoid burning.