Banana Pecan Loaf Recipe
Breakfast solutions that you can try at home, a delicious banana pecan loaf, it’s easy and loadshedding friendly breakfast.
- 150g cup cake flour
- 150g sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1t baking powder
- 1/2t bicarbonate of soda
- 1t cinnamon
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2t fine salt
- 1/2 cup canola or sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2t vanilla extract
- 2 free range eggs
- Woolies tin roof ice cream.
How To Make Banana Pecan Loaf
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, pecans, baking power, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the banana, salt, oil, sour cream, vanilla and eggs.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined, leaving some lumps if present to prevent over mixing.
- Preheat your waffle iron and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add a scoop of the batter to the waffle iron leaving some space for the batter to expand.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until the exterior of the waffle is golden.
- Remove from the waffle iron and continue to cook the remaining batter.
- When serving, add a scoop of ice cream to each waffle and top with extra chopped pecans and caramel chocolate drops.
- You can also add the drops to the waffle as soon as they come out the waffle iron to let them melt before adding the ice cream.