Moroccan butterflied chicken with aromatic couscous salad
Braai recipe royalty!
- Woolies Moroccan butterflied chicken, prepared on the braai
- For the couscous salad:
- 175g pearl couscous
- 100g Turkish apricots dried fruit
- 4T Apricot harissa antipasti
- 4T roughly chopped mint
- 4T roughly chopped parsley
- 1 ClemenGold® zested and juiced
- 50g toasted almonds
- 3T olive oil
How To Make:
- This delicious salad can be made just before serving but tastes even better when made a day, even 2 days in advance.
- Add the couscous to lightly salted water and cook as per the instructions provided.
- While the couscous is cooking, begin preparing the dressing by soaking the apricots in just boiled water but only enough to just cover the apricots.
- In a large mixing bowl add the apricot harissa, mint, parsley, ClemenGold® zest and juice, almonds and olive oil.
- Roughly chop the apricots and add it to the dressing along with the liquid.
- Add the cooked couscous and toss through before plating on a large platter.
- Once the chicken has rested, portion it and add it to the platter.
- Finish with extra parsley, mint, chopped almonds and a squeeze of ClemenGold®.