Easy Pizza Egg Toasts with Avocado Salad Recipe
The Easy Pizza Egg Toasts are the perfect way to repurpose leftover bread and create a deliciously loaded toastie.
Time: 40 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
• Bwell Thick and Creamy mayo
• 4 slices stale white bread
• 2 tbsp butter
• ½ cup diced chorizo, cooked
• 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 large avocado
• 2 spring onions, sliced
• ½ cup pitted green olives, halved
• ½ crumbled feta cheese
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 2 tbsp B-well Olive oil
• 2 tbsp chopped parsley
• Salt and pepper
How To Make Pizza Egg Toasts with Avocado Salad
1. Place your bread on a cutting board, take a small glass cup or cookie cutter to cut a 4-5cm diameter circle in each slice of bread.
2. On a medium low heat, melt one tablespoon of butter. Add 2 slices of just the outside crush of the bread. In the hole add a few pieces of chorizo, sprinkle over a bit of cheese and then pour some of the beaten eggs. Season to taste.
3. Top with the round cut outs of bread and press down gently, cooing for a dew minutes. Flip over to toast the other side of the bread then transfer onto a plate.
4. Make the avocado salad buy cutting the avocado into medium cubes and transferring into a bowl. Add the spring onions, olives, feta, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the egg toasts, topped the avocado salad and finished of with a generous dollop of mayonnaise
Chefs Tip: These egg toasts are completely customizable, you can add any if your favourite pizza toppings the mix!