Beer Glazed Pork Belly
Unleash the deliciousness of pork belly done on the Weber braai!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 4 hours
- 500g pork belly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the glaze;
- 300ml non alcoholic dark beer
- 200ml soy sauce
- 200ml fresh pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 star anise
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Rub the pork belly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 2 hours or until a knife goes in without any resistance
- In the meantime, prepare your Weber braai
- Make the glaze by combining all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on low and reduce to a sticky reduction.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a bowl
- Once the pork is cooked, slice into equal size portions.
- Brush the pork pieces with the marinade and transfer to the braai.
- Braai the pieces until evenly charred on all sides, basting the pieces frequently as they cook.