Breakfast Burritos and Chinese Hashbrowns
Start your morning with this delicious brekkie!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 45 minutes
- For the breakfast burrito;
- 500g Golden Cloud pancake mix
- 1L milk
- 2 eggs
- 30ml oil
- 6 eggs, cooked scrambled eggs
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced bacon, cooked
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- For the hashbrown;
- 300g Potatoes, julienned
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 100g sandwich ham, julienned
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp five spice
- 2 tbsp Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 2 tbsp butter
How To Make Breakfast Burritos
- In a large bowl, add the pancake mix, create a well and add the milk, eggs and oil.
- Whisk until smooth, adding more milk if needed to thin the batter
- Heat a large skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter to the pan and tilt the pan to spread the batter around.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- To assemble the burrito’s; fill the pancakes with scrambled eggs, tomatoes, cheese, bacon, avocado and baby spinach, then roll into burritos. Serve
- For the hashbrown; combine the julienned potatoes, chives, ham, egg whites, salt, five spice and cake flour in a medium bowl.
- Heat a skillet and melt the butter.
- Place 3-4 full tablespoons of the potato mixture into little nests in the skillet.
- Create a well in each nest, place an egg yolk in the centre of each nest and fry on one side for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Flip the hashbrown over then fry till golden on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy