Christmas Tree Sheet Cake
Fun but simple, get festive with this sheet cake with Golden Cloud and Beacon Treats.
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 1 hour
- For the cupcakes:
- 1x Golden Cloud Vanilla Cake Mix
- 150ml Sunflower Oil
- 300ml Water
- 2 eggs
- For the buttercream:
- Golden Cloud Icing mix
- 100g butter
- 2-4 tbsp
- Grass green food colouring
- 400g Original Allsorts
- 100g Jelly Tots
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare two baking trays with parchment paper
- Place the Golden Cloud Vanilla cake mix into a large bowl.
- In a jug, whisk together the oil, water and eggs. Make a well in the centre of the cake mix and add the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Pour the batter onto the baking trays and spread
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, make the frosting by adding the Golden Cloud icing mix and butter in a large bowl.
- Whisk with an electric whisk on medium speed until combined.
- Slowly add the milk to the icing sugar mixture, scraping down the sides as needed. Whisk until fluffy and smooth.
- Add the food colouring and whisk until combined.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- To assemble: Cut and shape the cake sheets into two large Christmas trees that are the same size and shape.
- Pipe buttercream on one sheet, then top with the second cake sheet.
- Pipe the remaining buttercream on the cake and decorate with Allsorts and Jelly Tots as desired.