Citrus Roasted Leek and Whipped Feta Salad Recipe
The dinner inspiration you need is a delicious citrus roasted leek salad is packed with flavor with a vitamin C kick!
Recipes by: Nicole Snelling
• 6-8 Baby leeks, sliced in half
• 2 oranges, one of them peeled and segmented
• 2 disks of feta
• ¼ Cup milk
• 80g pickled red onion slices
• 1 lime, cut into quarters
• 80g wild rocket
• 2-3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
• Salt & pepper, to taste
How To Make Citrus Roasted Leek and Whipped Feta Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the leeks onto a baking tray, drizzle with some olive oil, a squeeze of orange and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes.
3. To make the whipped feta, add the feta and a dash of milk into a blender and blend until smooth.
4. To assemble the salad, add the rocket to a platter, top with leeks, orange segments, pickled red onion and dollop with whipped feta and top with toasted pumpkin seeds. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the salad before serving.
Chefs Tip: Replace the baby leeks for standard leeks, but make sure to cut them smaller to make sure they are bite size.