Chicken lettuce wrap Recipe
As we touch on the topic of diet culture, whether you’re looking to cut down on carbs or maintain a gluten free diet, today we show you how a chicken sandwich gets a green twist, perfect for a lightened up lunch but still more-ishly indulgent.
Recipe by: Monicia Horne
- One head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely julienned or grated
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ avo, sliced
- For the chicken mayo filling
- 1-2 rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup Bliss double cream yoghurt, plain flavour
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Chicken lettuce wrap
- Prepare the chicken mayo filling by combining the shredded chicken, Bliss yoghurt, dill and garlic powder.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix together.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing 2 leaves of the lettuce cups on a board, without bending or breaking.
- Place the carrots at the bottom, followed by the chicken mayo filling and top with sliced tomato, onion and avo.
- Roll up into a wrap and cut in half to serve.
Chefs Tip: You can layer up the sandwich with as much veg as you want such as red pepper, sprouts, cucumber etc.