Cowboy Breakfast Bagel
Have you tried a breakfast braai? Give this cowboy–style breakfast bagels a bash over the coals!
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling
- 2 Bagel, halved
- 200g Boerewors
- 1/2 Cup Baked Beans
- 1 Tbsp Clover Olive Pride Oil
- 4 slices Clover Processed Cheddar Cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- Handful fresh Parsley, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper, to taste
How To Make:
- Toast the bagels over some medium to high heat coals or griddle.
- Remove the skin from the borewors and divide the meat into two and mold the meat into patties.
- Brush the patties with some oil and cook the patties of the coals for 2 minutes on each side.
- In a fire safe heavy based pan, add some oil and place the pan over the coals and crack in the two eggs and allow to good to your preference.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the bagel, place the patty down first, tip each patty with two slices of cheese, some baked beans and then finely a fried egg.
- Finish off with some freshly chopped parsley before serving.