Creamy Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta Recipe
A delicious bowl of pasta is the epitome of comfort food. This creamy tomato and mozzarella pasta is ready in under 30 minutes and picky eater approved, this simple pasta is sure to become a crowd favorite!
Time: 30 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 100ml double cream
- 200g rigatoni
- Handful grated mozzarella
- Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
How To Make Creamy Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta
- Cook the rigatoni according to packaging instructions.
- Drain and reserve the pasta water.
- Set the pasta aside
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan.
- Add the garlic and shallots and sauté gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and spices and saute for a further minute
- Add ½ cup of pasta water and cream, and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the cooked pasta and mozzarella
Top with the fresh basil and serve!