Culinary Hotline - Ayesha Suliman
We celebrate all the women in our lives with a three-course meal with private chef and sweet treat expert, Ayesha Suliman!
All recipes by Ayesha Suliman
- Halloumi cheese
- Wild rocket
- Baby cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange (per portion), segments
- ½ Avo, sliced (per portions)
- Pine nuts, optional
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp mustard
Starter: Halloumi Salad
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together, set aside.
- Prepare all the raw salad ingredients.
- Halloumi: Slice the cheese about ½ cm thick and about 2cm wide.
- Heat a grill pan with a drizzle of olive oil and grill the cheese until caramelised on each side.
- Dress the wild rocket with 1/3 of the dressing and arrange on a plate/ platter.
- Top with all the other salad items including halloumi.
- Pour over remainder of the dressing.
- In a dry hot pan, lightly toast the pine nuts and sprinkle over the salad.
- Salmon/trout fillets
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ Cup olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ mixed fresh herb
- 800g baby potatoes, whole with skin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Olive oil
Main: Seared Salmon with Cripsy Smashed Potatoes & Herb Oil
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer until fully cooked or easily pierced with a fork. Drain and cool.
- Herb oil: Combine the oil, herbs and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and brush olive oil over an edged baking tray.
- Evenly spread the potatoes in the tray and using the back of a glass, flatten each potato.
- Drizzle over more olive oil and sprinkle over salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Salmon: Sprinkle salt, pepper and chilli flakes and zest over the fillets.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan over a medium heat, place the salmon down skin side up and sear for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the salmon over cook skin side for 1 minute until cooked.
- Serve the salmon with crispy smashed potatoes and a drizzle of the herb oil.
- 120ml cake flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 140g speculoos/ Nutella
- 90ml milk
Dessert: Speculoos Lava Cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk together all the ingredients and pour into prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Top will be baked and lightly crisp.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with icing.