Culinary Hotline - Vegan Feast
Vegan doesn’t have to be boring or hard work!
All recipes by Nicole Snelling
- 360g Plant based mince
- 250g Salted nachos chips
- 400g Mexican-style tinned tomatoes
- 425g Refried beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Guacamole, to serve
- Salsa, to serve
- 500g butternut, steamed and cooled
- ¼- 1/3 Cup nutritional yeast
- Dash of water
- Salt, taste
Cashew sour cream:
- 1 Cup Raw cashew nuts, soaked in water (overnight)
- ½ Cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch salt
How To Make Plant Based Nachos:
- To make the nacho topping, preheat a non-stick pan, add the oil and onions.
- Allow the onions to cook for 3-4 minutes before adding the plant based mince and garlic.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes. Season to taste and set aside.
- To make the cheese sauce, place the butternut, nutritional yeast and pinch of salt to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth. Add a dash of water if the mixture is too thick.
- To make the cashew cream, place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the nachos, place the nacho chips onto a serving platter, top with mince mixture, warmed up refried beans and then top with warmed up cheese sauce.
- Serve with homemade sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
- 400g Plant based puff pastry
- 2 Cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 onions, thinly sliced & caramelized
- 2-3 thyme sprigs
- 130g Plant Powered™ Dairy Free
- White Salad Cheese
- Balsamic glaze, to serve
- Wild rocket, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make Caramelised Onion & Tomato Tart
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a baking sheet with a non-stick spray.
- Place the tomatoes faced down onto the baking sheet, season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread over the caramelized onions and thyme sprigs.
- Top with the rolled-out puff pastry, covering all the ingredients.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- To serve the tart, turn the tart upside down onto a serving platter or wooden board, top with feta, rocket and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- 180g Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 180g Hummus
- 300g Plant Powered™ Dairy Free Cheese Spread
- 340g Roasted Red Peppers in Brine
- 3-4 Tbsp Basil pesto
- 3-4 Sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2x 70g Pitted Black Kalamata and Green Olives
- 1/3 Cup Toasted nuts and seeds of your choice
- Sliced toasted garlic ciabatta, to serve
How To Make Vegan Mediterranean Platter
- Assemble as you like on a big serving platter for guests to enjoy!