Golden Cloud Christmas Reindeer Cupcakes
The festivities are back with the Golden Baker Search 2023 with Golden Cloud and Beacon Treats!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 1 hour
- For the cupcakes:
- 500g Golden Cloud Vanilla Cake Mix
- 150ml Sunflower Oil
- 250ml Water
- 2 eggs
- For the buttercream:
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 2 ½ icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- Black food colouring
- 200g Giant pretzels knots
- Beacon Jelly Tots
- Silver edible glitter
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a cupcake baking tin with cupcake liners.
- Place the Golden Cloud Vanilla cake mix into a large bowl.
- In a jug, whisk together the oil, water and eggs.
- Make a well in the centre of the cake mix and add the wet ingredients. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Pour half the mixture into the cupcake liners until ¾ full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely
- Make the buttercream by whisking the butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla, salt a milk and whisk to combine.
- Colour the buttercream until dark green.
- Transfer 3/4 buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Dye the remaining buttercream black and place in a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle.
- To assemble; pipe the cupcakes with the white butter cream.
- Break the pretzels in half and place two on each cupcake as the reindeer ears.
- Pipe the black buttercream as the eyes.
- Place 1 jelly tot on each as the nose.
- Sprinkle the edible glitter to finish.