Grilled Beetroot Seeded Salad with Blue Cheese and Mediterranean-Style Grilled Steak
Fire up your day with another Weber grill flavour adventure!
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling
- 2 steaks of your choice
- Spice rub:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes, optional
- 1 tsp Ground Fennel Seeds
- ½ tsp Salt
- 500g Cooked Beetroot, halved
- 50g Blue Cheese, room temperature
- ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Double Cream Yoghurt
- 80-100g Salad Leaves of your choice
- 4 Tbsp Pumpkin & Sunflower
- Seeds, toasted
- 1 Garlic clove, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How To Make
- Drizzle the beetroot with some oil before grilling on medium-high heated coals on the Weber.
- The beetroot just needs to be slightly charred, once ready place the beetroot into a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, place the blue cheese, yoghurt and garlic into a measuring jug, using a spoon mix the ingredients together until the blue cheese has dissolved.
- Then thin out the dressing with water until it’s the desired consistency you like.
- Add the beetroot, salad leaves and onion together and top the salad with the toasted seeds and salad dressing.
- To prepare the steak, add all the spice rub ingredients together into a mixing bowl and rub evenly onto the steaks.
- If your steak has a side of fat, place the fat side down first over medium-high coals and allow to render for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the steak on its side and allow to cook for 4 minutes on each side or longer according to your liking.
- Allow the steak to rest before slicing up and serving with the salad.