Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
Every weekend is a chance to grill something new on your Weber®
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 corn cobs
- ¼ cup garlic butter, melted
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 block feta, crumbled
- 1 cup pitted green olive, halved
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ fresh mint, roughly chopped
- For the dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of a lemon
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How To Make:
- Prepare your Weber braai and bring it to temperature
- Brush the corn with the melted butter and grill until charred, tossing to char evenly.
- In the meantime, combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the avocado, spring onion, crumbled feta, olives, coriander and mint.
- Once the corn is cooked, carefully cut the kernels from the cobs and add to the avocado mixture.
- Toss to combine.
- Roughly chop the lettuce and place on salad platter and add the avocado corn mixture.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy.