One Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Alfredo Recipe
That’s Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Alfredo, all cooked in ONE POT! Ready and on the table in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 lb | 500 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, (or breasts) Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic) 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine, (optional)
- 8 oz (250 g) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth, or stock
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy cream, divided (thickened cream, light cream, evaporated milk can also be used) Extra salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz (250 g) dry pasta, penne or fettuccini
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
How To Make One Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Alfredo
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat half of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and sear on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil in the pot. Fry onion until transparent, stirring occasionally (about 2 minutes). Sauté the garlic until fragrant (30 seconds), then add in the white wine and allow to reduce to half (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about a minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour in broth and 1 cup of cream (or evaporated milk); season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a gentle simmer then add the pasta.
- Mix well, reduce the heat to a slow simmer while stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until it melts through the sauce.
- Remove from heat immediately and slowly add in 1/4-1/2 cup remaining cream if sauce it too thick for your liking.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.