Pecan Goats Cheese Truffles in a Cranberry Phyllo Nest Recipe
When you’re indulging in delicious snacks like these, reach for relief with Citro-Soda.
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 35 minutes
- 500g Frozen Phyllo Pastry
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 150g Cranberry sauce
- 160g Goats Cheese
- 150g Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 crushed pecan nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries, diced
- 1 tsp maldon salt
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
How To Make Pecan Goats Cheese Truffles Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a mini cupcake tin.
- Layer 3 sheets of phyllo pastry together, brushing the melted butter between each layer.
- Cut the sheet into 5x5cm squares, press each square into cupcake opening.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside
- In the meantime, in a large bowl whisk together the goat’s cheese, cream cheese and honey until fluffy.
- Toss the pecan, dried cranberries, salt, and parsley in a separate bowl.
- Scoop just over a tablespoon of the cheese mixture and roll to create a ball.
- Toss the truffle in the pecan mixture and set aside on the plate.
- Repeat until the cheese mixture is finished.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the cranberry sauce into the phyllo cups, top with a cheese truffle and finish off with a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately.