Ryle's Family Frikkadel Recipe
A family heirloom
- 500g Beef mince
- Bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tin chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slider buns, for serving
- To prepare the frikkadels, add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- Work the mince until well combined and then form mince balls and place them in the fridge to allow them to set.
- In the meantime, prepare the onion smoor by adding the sliced onions into a preheated pan and cook until softened and translucent, add the garlic, tinned tomato and tomato paste. Allow to cook and reduce for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook off the frikkadels off in a non-stick preheated pan in a tablespoon of oil for a few minutes until golden brown on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve the frikkadels on the slider buns and top with smoor.