Smoked Chicken Potato Salad
A delicious side dish for your braai day, you can even swap the potato for Romanesco!
Recipe by: Clement Pedro
- 1.5kg Nicola Mediterranean potatoes
- 250g Woolies smoked chicken
- breasts, diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 spring onion stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 150g Woolies sweet and sour gherkin, finely diced
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 cups Woolies salad cream
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1t cayenne pepper
- 1t paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
How To Make:
- Cut the potatoes into quarters, if they’re on the smaller side, simply cut them in half.
- Add the potatoes to a pot of seasoned cold water and simmer over a medium heat until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain off the water and allow the potatoes to steam for a few minutes while preparing the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar and spiced until well combined.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper before giving it a final mix.
- To the dressing add the cooked potatoes, smoked chicken, celery, spring onion, red pepper, chopped parsley, and chopped dill pickles.
- Gently fold until well combined, then taste if extra seasoning is needed.
- Allow the potato salad to cool before serving.