Creamy Paprika Chicken Recipe
Peace is achieved by a perfect serving of creamy paprika chicken.
- 1 free range chicken portioned into 8 pieces.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3T canola oil
1 onion, halved then cut into strips
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 3t paprika
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cream
- Roughly chopped parsley to garnish
How To Make Creamy Paprika Chicken
- Season the chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper before placing into a pot with some canola oil with the skin side facing down.
- Place the pot over a medium heat and slowly brown while rendering out the fat.
- Once golden brown turn the chicken over and brown the other side before removing from the pan.
- Add the onions and bay leaves to the same pan and brown before adding the pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Cook for a minute before adding the paprika and combining with the other ingredients.
- Add the water and mix through before returning the chicken to the dish.
- Slowly cook until the chicken has cooked through and the liquid has reduced.
- Pour in the cream and heat through before tasting if extra seasoning is needed.
- Serve with woolies butternut and creamed spinach or woolies mash