Mac & Cauli Cheese Cups Recipe
This simple Mac & Cauli Cheese Cups are not only absolutely delicious, but beautifully creamy and lush with homey flavours. Plus, it hides all the vegetables!
Time: 24 minutes
Recipe by: B-well
How To Make Mac & Cauli Cheese Cups
1. Cook macaroni al dente, according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.
2. Add the B-well Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a saucepan over low heat, add minced garlic and saute. Allow to cook for a few minutes until the garlic is tender and not browned.
3. Add the 1 cup of water to the saucepan, along with the carrots. Once the water is boiling, add in the cauliflower and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook about 10-15min, until very soft.
4. Transfer the entire contents of the saucepan into a blender. Season with salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, paprika, onion powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper, to your blender
5. Blend until very smooth and creamy, with a texture similar to traditional cream sauce.
6. Pour the blended mixture into the empty pot. Heat the sauce over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until it thickens, for 3-5 min. slowly whisk in plant-based milk
7. Pour sauce over cooked macaroni noodles. Then to a greased/lined muffin tray, scoop in some of the saucy macaroni and sprinkle with bread crumbs
8. Bake at 180C for 10 min, or until crumbs are turning golden brown
9. Garnish, serve with some playful greens and peas and enjoy!
Chefs Tip: If you plan to bake in the oven, cook till extra al dente.