Beef Satay with Avocado Slaw
Green skinned and dark-skinned avocados are in season now and are equally delicious and nutritious!
Recipe by: SAAGA
Time: 30 minutes
- 600 g beef sirloin steak, cut into 2,5 cm cubes
- 250 ml (1 cup) ready-made satay sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced or diced to serve
- 350 g bag coleslaw, to serve
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- spring onion, to garnish
- lemon or lime wedges to serve
How To Make:
- Place beef in a bowl. Add 85 ml (1/3 cup) satay sauce. Stir to coat. Thread beef onto 8 skewers.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook skewers, turning, until browned, about 6 – 7 minutes for medium, or cooked to your liking.
- Place the remaining satay sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Place coleslaw in a bowl with half the avocado and toss to combine.
- Divide salad onto serving plates with remaining avocado. Top with skewers and drizzle with sauce.
- Finally sprinkle with sesame seeds and finely chopped spring onion. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.