Breakfast Bagels Recipe
Breakfast can really set the tone for the day, with a delicious breakfast bagel.
Time: 40 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 4 Bagels, halved
- 4 Farmer Brown Nourish Crumbed
- Chicken Range: Sourdough
- 1 cup mayo
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup caramelized onion
- 2 cups wild rocket
- 2 sliced avocados
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- ¼ siracha
How To Make Breakfast Bagels
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Heat a skillet and toast the bagels, set aside.
- Cook the Farmer Brown Nourish Crumbed Chicken breasts as per packaging instructions and set aside.
- Assemble the bagels. Spoon over a generous amount of mayo on each bagel bun base.
- Top with the Farmer Brown Nourish Crumbed Chicken breasts followed by the cheeses.
- Transfer the buns to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- In the meantime, add the butter to the pan and make sunny side eggs.
- Once the cheese has melted, transfer each bun to a plate and top with caramelized onion, sliced avo, a heap of rocket and finish off with an egg on each.
- Drizzle over the siracha, close with a bagel bun and serve immediately.
Chefs Tips: Feel free to add any of your breakfast favourites to the bagel, such as tomatoes or mushrooms.