Nothing better than breakfast on the Weber braai and these jaffles hit the spot!
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling
- 8 slices of bread of your choice
- 4 slices cooked bacon or ham
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp Fruit chutney
- Soft butter, for spreading
How To Make
- To prepare the jaffles, spread the bread with a thin layer of butter.
- Make sure that your coals are a medium heat, you do not want the coals too hot as they will cause the sandwich to burn before the ingredients can cook through.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the egg to the sandwich with the butter facing the outside side of the bread.
- Place the sandwich into the jaffle iron and using a back of a spoon, press the one half of the sandwich into the shape of the jaffle, creating a space for you to crack the egg into.
- Once the egg has been cracked into the sandwich, close it off and seal the jaffle.
- Remove the edges that are overlapping and place the iron over the coals in your Weber.
- Allow the bread to toast for 8-10 minutes, making sure to flip the iron to ensure even browning on each side.
- Serve immediately while hot.