Caramilk Dumplings Recipe
Indulge in the softest, fluffiest dumplings made with Golden Cloud!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup Golden Cloud self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- 60g butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup caramel chocolate drops
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the sauce:
- 60g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups water
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
How To Make:
- Sift the flour and custard powder into a large bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the sugar and caramel chocolate drops and stir to combine.
- In a jug, combine the milk and vanilla essence.
- Create a well in the flour mixture and pour the milk into the mixture.
- Gently knead the dough until it just comes together.
- Careful not to handle too much.
- Lightly flour your hands and gently roll 2-3 tablespoons of the dough into balls.
- To make the sauce, place the butter, sugar and water in a large skillet.
- Stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil then carefully transfer the dumplings into the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the dumplings are puffed and cooked through.
- Serve immediately and top with vanilla ice cream.
Chefs Tip: Avoid over kneading your dough as that will result in a dense chewy dumpling. For a fluffy dumplings, minimal mixing and handling is advised.