Spicy ClemenGold® Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
It’s citrus season and ClemenGold® adds a burst of flavour ot any dish! Exclusively available at WOOLWORTHS.
Recipe by Clement Pedro
- 3 Clemengold® Mandarins, zested and juiced
- 3T Korean gochujang paste
- 3T toasted white sesame seeds
- 3 stalks spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 5cm ginger finely grated
- 2T honey
- 3T soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 free range chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 500g woolies gnocchi
- 3T sunflower oil
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into rounds.
- Green chilli, thinly sliced to garnish
- Spring onion to garnish
- Crispy onions to garnish
- Coriander to garnish
- ClemenGold® wedges to garnish
How To Make:
- In a mixing bowl combine the Clemengold® zest and juice along with the gochujang paste, sesame seeds, spring onion, garlic, ginger, honey, soy and water.
- Add the thinly sliced chicken to the marinade and let it marinade for a few minutes while bringing a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add your chicken, keeping the marinade a side. Let the chicken brown for 1 minute while stir frying then add all the marinade and let it bubble.
- Add your gnocchi to the boiling water. Once they float to the surface remove them and keep them aside.
- Once your marinade has reduced slightly, add the cooked gnocchi to the pan and toss to combine as the marinade becomes thick and coats the gnocchi and chicken well.
- Serve in bowls topped with thinly sliced cucumber, chilli, spring onion, crispy onions and finish with a garnish of coriander and a wedge of ClemenGold®.