Chargrilled Vegetable Cous Cous Salad
A side dish to rule all side dishes at your game day braai!
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling
Time: 20 minutes
- 4-6 baby marrows
- 1 Red pepper, seeded and cored
- 1 – 1 ½ Cups cooked pearl cous cous
- 1 tin peach slices, drained
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- ½ Cup pomegranate kernels
- 1-2 wheels Clover Black Pepper Feta
- Clover Olive Pride Blend, for brushing vegetables
- ½ Cup Clover Authentikos Greek Yoghurt
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make:
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips of the baby marrows, cut the pepper into large chunks.
- Grill the marrow strips, red pepper, peaches and cook them on a preheated grill or braai for 3-4 minutes a side.
- In a large serving platter combine the red peppers, baby marrows, peaches, chickpeas and pearl cous cous.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing and toss all together until all the ingredients are coated.
- Season well with salt and pepper and top with pomegranate kernels before serving.