Chocolate Puff Christmas Tree
The irresistibly delicious combination of Golden Cloud’s flop-proof puff pastry and Beacon Heavenly milk chocolate!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 1 hour
- For the pastry:
- 2 cups Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 250g frozen butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup ice cold water
- 2x 80g Beacon Milk chocolate
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Short bamboo skewers
How To Make
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt.
- Grate the frozen butter into the flour.
- Tossing the butter into the flour mixture with your hands until well coated.
- Drizzle 6 tablespoons of water over the mixture and fold the mixture until it clumps together.
- Continue adding water gradually until a loose and crumble dough forms.
- Gently knead the dough until you have firm rough dough.
- Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into 2-3cm rectangle.
- Fold the dough in thirds like a letter. Turn 90 degrees and repeat rolling, folding and rotating 3 more times.
- Fold back into thirds, wrap tightly and chill in the fridge for at least two hours before use.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface to 5mm-8mm thickness
- Using 3 different size star cookie cutters, cut as many stars as possible from the pastry.
- Place the start on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Arrange the tree by holding a bamboo skewer upright then pressing a star into the skewer and pushing it to the base.
- Add a spoon of chocolate on the star and top with another pastry star.
- Repeat this process until the skewer is stacked to the top.
- Finish with a dusting of icing sugar.