Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe
These cinnamon roll pancakes are the perfect marriage of classic pancakes and cinnamon rolls, and are absolutely perfect for all breakfast lovers!
Time: 45 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3-4 tbsp icing sugar
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- In a large bowl combine the flour, white sugar, baking powder, bicarb and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, eggs and half the melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and set aside.
- Don’t over mix
In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, ground cinnamon and the remaining butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the batter to the cinnamon mixture and combine.
- Transfer the cinnamon mixture into a piping bag
Heat a non-stick pan on low heat and add ¼ cup of pancake batter, allow to cook for 30 seconds then pipe a spiral of cinnamon batter on top.
- Leaving 1cm of the edge without the cinnamon batter.
- Flip and cook for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, whip together the cream cheese, vanilla essence and icing sugar until fluffy.
- Top the pancakes with the cream cheese mixture, add a dusting of cinnamon or icing sugar and serve.