Tried and trusted Caprese Baked Bread Recipe
Give it your own flair and wow the family with this tried and trusted Caprese bread, perfect for brunch this weekend.
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tsp Royal Baking Powder
- ½ tsp bicarb
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- For the topping
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced thick
- ½ cup basil pesto
- Fresh basil for garnish
How To Make Tried and trusted Caprese Baked Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt and mix well.
- Add the mozarella, sundried tomatoes and basil and mix untill combined.
- Make a well in the centre then add in the beaten egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Give it a godo mix then transfer the mixture to a greased and lined square baking tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with pesto, sliced mozzarella and tomatoes and bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve warm.