Sundried tomato, thyme, cheddar loaf with bacon and caramelized onion spread Recipe
Is there anything that really compares to the smell of freshly baked bread? With this easy recipe and you’ll get to enjoy a flavorful spin from the traditional home baked bread.
Recipe by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp Clover Butro, melted
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 100g sundried tomato pieces chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried thyme
- Served with bacon and caramelised spread (made in previous segment)
How To Make Sundried tomato, thyme, cheddar loaf with bacon and caramelized onion spread
- Activate the yeast, by mixing together the water, sugar and yeast, allow the mixture to stand for 2-3 minutes until it become frothy.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and salt.
- Stir in the melted Butro as well as the cheese and sundried tomatoes.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and mix to form a dough.
- If the dough is too sticky gradually add a little more flour, if the dough is too dry gradually add a little water at a time.
- Fold in the Clover classic fat spread and knead the dough for 8 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and allow the dough to proof for 30 minutes. Add in the thyme, cheddar and sundried tomato pieces to the dough and mix until everything is well incorporated. Place the dough into a lined loaf tin and allow to proof once more for 30 minutes.
- Bake the loaf in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30-40 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with the bacon and caramelised onion spread.
Chefs Tip: Proofing is important, this result in a in a fluffy crumb, if not proofed, it will result in a loaf with a tight crumb.