Buttermilk fried chicken on cheese waffles Recipe
Fluffy waffles with crispy chicken and cheese is a delicious classic combination.
Recipe by: Monicia Horne
- 500g chicken breasts/ tenders
- 200ml buttermilk
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Pickles to serve
- Clover Elite Cheese slices to serve
- For the waffles
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300ml buttermilk
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 cup Clover Elite
- Tussers cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Hot sauce for drizzling
How To Make Buttermilk fried chicken on cheese waffles
- Place the chicken into a bowl and cover with the buttermilk, hot sauce and salt.
- Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the flour and corn flour then season with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip the marinated chicken into the flour and fry in oil.
- You can also air fry the chicken
- Prepare the cheese waffles by mixing together the flour, cheese, baking powder, buttermilk, butter and egg.
- Fry off the waffles and top with Clover Elite cheese slices.
- Add chicken on top and drizzle with hot sauce.
- Top with pickles before serving
Chefs Tip: These waffles are great to enjoy on their own.