Spinach and feta stuffed pasta shells Recipe
These spinach and feta stuffed pasta shells are easy to make, guaranteed to be a hit and will have everyone coming for a second helping.
Recipes by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 1 packet large jumbo pasta shells
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 250g spinach
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 disks Clover Elite feta cheese
- 500ml passata or pasta sauce of choice
- 1 cup Clover Tussers grated
- To serve
- Green garden salad or roasted vegetables
How To Make Spinach and feta stuffed pasta shells
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius
- Cook the pasta shells according to packaging instructions.
- In a large pan sauté the onion in butter until softened, add the garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add in the chopped spinach and allow it to wilt, once wilted add in the flour and stir through the spinach.
- Add in the milk, oregano, season to taste and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the creamy spinach mixture to cool.
- Once cooled fold in the crumbled Clover Elite feta cheese.
- To a large oven proof dish add, in your pasta sauce, stuff the cooked pasta shells with the spinach and feta filling, arrange the shells on top of the pasta sauce, repeat until you finished the filling, scatter over the cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes util golden and bubbly.
Chefs Tip: Add a protein of choice such as bacon bits or shredded chicken for a meatier alternative.