One Pot Creamy Chicken, Spinach and Rice Recipe
This creamy chicken breast recipe is an easy one-pan chicken dish that will wow your lover.
Time: 40 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp B-well
- Cooking Canola Oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups white rice
How To Make One Pot Creamy Chicken, Spinach and Rice
- To make the creamy chicken: Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and half the oregano both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat half the oil and a bit of oil from the sundried tomatoes over medium- high heat.
- Add the chicken breast and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- To the same pan; add the remaining oil and saute the onion, garlic, remaining oregano and sundried tomatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese and stir until smooth. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and season to taste.
- Add the spinach to the mixture and continue cooking until wilted.
- Add the mayo and stir.
- Place the chicken breast back in the pan and allow to simmer for further 2 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice and fresh parsley.
Chefs Tip:For a vegetarian alternative, feel free to substitute the meat for tofu or mushrooms.