Freezer hack flapjacks Recipe
Whether you like them savoury or sweet, pancakes or flapjacks are definitely a good idea and a crowd pleaser and with over hundreds of ways to make them.
Recipe by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup Milk
- 3 eggs separated
- ½ cup sugar
- 50g melted Clover Mama Bake Margarine
- ½ cup mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp protein powder
- 2 tbsp chocolate chip
- Silicon ice cube trays
- For serving
- Caramel sauce
How To Make Freezer hack flapjacks
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the milk, eggs yolks and sugar.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Fold in the whipped eggs whites. Pour you batter in large ice cube trays.
- To one third of the ice cube tray add in chocolate chip.
- To the second third of the ice-cube tray add in a few mixed berries and to the rest add in some sliced banana and a sprinkling of protein powder.
- Place these trays in a freezer and cook for when needed.
- To cook the flapjacks, place a flapjack cube into non -stick pan that’s been greased with Clover mama bake and cook until little holes start to form on the surface, carefully flip the pancake and cook until golden brown on either side.
- Serve the mint and honey with the berry and chocolate chip flapjacks, the protein and banana flapjacks with a drizzling of caramel sauce.
Chefs Tip: Always cook pancakes over a low to medium heat, as pancakes tend to burn quite easily, this will also ensure that the Pancake is cooked all the way through.