Chocolate and Butternut Squash Cake Recipe
Veg like butternut does not always, only have to be a side on a plate. You can even try to put it into a tasty cake form and the result will astonish you.
Recipe by: Monicia Horne
- X1 chocolate cake mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups butternut, pureed
- 2 tbsp Sip Up, Choc Chip flavour
- 1 ½ cups butternut
- For the icing
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup Sip Up, Choc Chip
- dark chocolate shavings
How To Make Chocolate and Butternut squash cake
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg whites and Sip Up.
- Stir in the butternut.
- Add the batter to a greased and lined baking tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Prepare the icing my combining the cream cheese and Sip Up.
- Pour over the cooled cake and pour over the c ream cheese icing.
- Garnish with dark chocolate shavings
Chefs Tip: The butternut adds a richness and sweetness to the cake that will keep you coming back for more.