Prawn Curry Penne Recipe
With its warm spices and creamy finish, it is the perfect meal to ignite the amataliano in you this Eid and explore the fusion of cultures and traditions.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 500g Fatti’s & Moni’s Penne
- 400g Rosa tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 birds eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 mild curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 300g frozen small prawns, thawed
- Handful coriander
- Sugar, to taste
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Prawn Curry Penne
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta to al dente, as per packaging instructions.
- Set aside
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting tray with the garlic and thyme.
- Drizzle over some oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook until tomatoes have busted and are slightly browned.
- 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a medium pot and add the onion.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent
Add the chilli, masala, curry powder and saute until 2 minutes.
- Remove the roasted tomatoes from the oven and place in the Nutribullet, blend until smooth.
- Pour the tomatoes into the pot and cook.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer gently. Season with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the small prawns and stir through, simmer until prawns are cooked through.
- Serve the pasta topped with the prawn curry and roughly chopped coriander.