English Breakfast Style Braai Bake with Garlic Ciabatta Toast Dippers
Perfect for camping or a lazy brunch braai on the Weber!
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 125g whole camembert cheese
- ½ Cup caramelized sliced onion (about 1 large onion)
- 200g Bacon bits, cooked
- 1 tin braai tomato relish
- Fruit chutney, to serve
- Ciabatta loaf, sliced
- 1-2 whole garlic cloves
How To Make
- To prepare the bake, add the onions, bacon and tomato relish to a flat bottom potjie pot or a weber safe cast-iron saucepan.
- Roughly break up the camembert cheese into large chunks and place randomly into the sauce.
- Place the pot with the lid on, onto the grid and allow the sauce to heat through for about 6-8 minutes.
- Once the sauce has heated though, crack the eggs into the sauce and place the lid back on and allow to cook for another 6-7 minutes, until the eggs are cooked according to your liking.
- Remove from the heat and serve with chutney and ciabatta garlic dippers.
- Brush the bread lightly with some olive oil and toast the bread on the grid over the coals.
- Once the bread has toasted, rub the garlic over the bread slice to give it a lovely garlic flavour.