Chicken tacos with chipotle dipping sauce Recipe
All you need is love and tacos.
Time: 50 minutes
Recipe by Thando Manyoni
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 Chicken fillets
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chilli oil
- To serve:
- Pickle red onion
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh lime wedges
How To Make Chicken tacos with chipotle dipping sauce
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for a minute.
- Add the oregano, cumin and chilies and sauté to bloom the spices.
- Add the tomato paste and flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and allow to simmer gently to reduce
Cook the chicken fillets as per packaging instructions.
- Once cooked, slice the fillets into strips and place in a bowl.
- Add the BBQ sauce, and a few spoons of the simmering sauce.
- Toss to coat
Assemble the tacos; heat a large skillet.
- Brush one tortilla in a generous amount of chilli oil and place in the skillet, oiled side down.
- Top the tortilla with cheese, followed by the chicken strips.
- Fold over the taco in half using an egg lifter and cook until crispy on both sides and the cheese has melted, flipping over as needed
- Season the sauce to taste, place in a dipping bowl and serve with the tacos.
Place the broth in a bowl and serve the tacos.
- Enjoy the tacos by topping with pickled red onion, fresh coriander and dipping into the broth