Butter Chicken Penne Recipe
This Butter Chicken Penne packs all the flavour that butter chicken is known for a perfect weeknight gamechanger!
Time: 50 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 500g Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Penne
- 400g Skinless
- Chicken Breast, cubed
- 4 tbsp butter chicken spice blend
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 birds eye chilli
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm knob ginger, finely grated
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fresh curry leaves
- Sugar, to taste
- 50g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Handful fresh coriander
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
How To Make Butter Chicken Penne
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Add the butter chicken spice blend, yogurt and chilli to a Nutribullet and blend until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl and pour over the yogurt mixture, toss to coat and set aside to marinade.
- Cook the pasta until al dente according to packaging instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions.
- Saute until golden then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, chicken stock and curry leaves.
- Bring to a boil and crushing the tomatoes with the back of the spoon.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and all the yogurt marinade to the sauce and stir.
- Cook until chicken is nearly ready then remove from the heat, season to taste.
- Mix the pasta with butter chicken sauce until well combined and transfer into a large baking dish.
- Top with the cheese and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.