Khowse is unique in that it’s not just your ordinary pasta dish, it’s got a medley of flavours and textures that literally become a smorgasbord of yum inside your mouth, we are to show you how it comes together!
Time: 1 hour
Recipe by: Fehmz
- 1 pack of Fattis and Moni’s Linguine
- For Chicken with Coconut Sauce:
- 1 ladle ghee
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chicken fillets, sliced into thin chunks
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 300ml coconut cream
- 300ml coconut milk (sub Double Cream)
- Half tsp dried coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Quarter tsp turmeric
- 1 heaped tsp red ginger garlic masala
- 3 tblsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 slit green chilli
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
How To Make Khowse
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta to al dente, as per packaging instructions.
- Set aside
- Add your ghee and onion to a saucepan on medium heat and saute with the spices.
Add the chicken, with the ginger garlic masala, tomato paste, water and pinch of sugar.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook for a little while, then add the coconut, coconut milk, coconut cream and the lemon.
- If youlike some heat, add the slit green chilli
- Cook until thick and garnish with some coriander
- To assemble your khowse:
- Add your perfectly cooked Linguine to a bowl.
- Top with a good ladle full of the coconut chicken and sauce
- Then we start with the condiments (in whichever order you like but here’s how we do it:)
- Fried Garlic
- Fried Onion
- Aamli Chutney
- Fried Samoosa Pur
- Squeeze over lemon juice
- Add more aamli chutney
- Garnish with coriander
- Now dig in and enjoy immediately