Decadent Easter Choc-Mint Cake Recipe
Easter is a time to let your creativity shine and indulge in all things sweet and delicious, like a choc – mint cake.
Time: 2 hours
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 4x Beacon Bunny Hollow Egg
- 80g Beacon White Chocolate
- 1 box Golden Cloud
- Choc-Mint Flavoured Cake
- 150ml milk
- 100ml water
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- Golden Cloud chocolate flavoured icing mix
- 150g butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 x 80g Beacon Milk Chocolate
- 6 Beacon Easter Hens Eggs
- 4 Beacon Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs
How To Make Decadent Easter Choc-Mint Cake
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, melt two Beacon Bunny Hollow Eggs in a microwave safe bowl until smooth.
- Melt the beacon white chocolate in a separate bowl
Spread the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet, swirl the white chocolate into the melted chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and allow to set.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare two 20cm cake tins.
- Empty the cake mix into a medium sized mixing bowl
- In a jug, whisk together the milk, water, oil and eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the cake mix and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into the two cake pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool completely
- In the meantime, make the icing by whisking the butter until light and fluffy
- Add the icing mix gradually and beat until icing is thick, and the milk a little bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Once the cakes have cooled, sandwich the two layers of cake using 1/3 of the icing.
- Use the remaining icing to cover the top and sides until smooth.
- Melt the Beacon Milk Chocolate and spoon over the cake, pushing over the edges to create a dripping effect.
- Remove the chocolate sheet from the freezer and break into bark pieces
- Decorate the cake with the two remaining hollow eggs, chocolate bark, a few hens eggs and marshmallow eggs.
Chefs Tip: Feel free to get creative with the decorating and top your cake with any of your favourite Beacon Sweets.