Red Pepper Pesto and Atchar Pasta Salad Recipe
This easy 5 ingredient delicious Afrotalian salad is a quick way to warm ones heart.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 500g Fatti’s and Moni’s Bellissimo Farfalle
- ¼ cup hot vegetable atchar
- 2 large red peppers, quartered and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- To garnish;
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
How To Make Red Pepper Pesto and Atchar Pasta Salad
- Preheat the oven to 190C and prepare a baking sheet.
- Place the peppers on the baking sheet, drizzle with a bit of oil and grill skin side up until charred.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta to al dente, as per packaging instructions. Set aside.
- Remove the charred peppers form the oven and transfer into a bowl, cover with cling wrap until cooled then peel off the skins.
- Place the peppers in a Nutribullet, add the garlic, oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
In a salad bowl, toss the pasta, athar and pesto together.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve