Easter Trifle Recipe
Hippity-hop, Easter’s on its way, and nothing screams celebration like a serving up a homemade trifle for dessert. It’s an every festive must-have because it’s so yum, and you can add whatever toppings you want suitable to each occasion!
Time: 1 hour
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 500g Golden Cloud Carrot Cake Mix
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 200ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 250g plain cream cheese
- 250ml whipping cream
- 1 ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1L vanilla custard
- 1 can caramel treat
- 1 cup crushed walnuts, gently toasted
- 8 Beacon Milk Chocolate Marshmallow Eggs, cut into chunks
- 6 Beacon Easter Hens Eggs
How To Make Easter Trifle
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a baking sheet.
- Place the Golden Cloud carrot cake mix into a large bowl.
- In a jug, whisk together the oil, water and eggs.
- Make a well in the centre of the cake mix and add the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
Pour the mixture on the baking sheet and spread
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, whip the cream cheese and cardamom until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks and gradually fold the cream into the cream cheese.
- In a small, stir the caramel treat until smooth.
- To assemble:
- Break the cake sheet into pieces and place half at the base, add a layer of custard and top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Dollop the caramel treat over the cream cheese and use the tip of a knife or spoon to swirl through.
- Scatter over half of the walnuts and marshmallow eggs.
- Repeat the process, creating a second layer.
- Decorate with crushed and whole hens’ eggs.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chefs Tip: Make sure the cake is completely cooled before layering the trifle to avoid the melting the cream cheese layer.