Fishcakes and Avocado Bahn Mi Recipe
You know what goes really well with Easter? Avocados. That’s right, avos are the ideal accompaniment to Easter spreads. Not because of their Easter egg shape, but because they’re the perfect partner for South Africa’s most loved Easter meal pickled fish.
Time: 40 minutes
Recipe by: SAAGA
- 4 fishcakes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 10 ml (2 tsp) rice wine vinegar
- 4 long white bread rolls or 2 baguettes, halved
- 100 g (⅓ cup) mayonnaise
- 1 cucumber, sliced lengthways
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- Sweet chilli sauce to drizzle
- To serve:
- Coriander leaves
- Sliced small red chilli
- Chopped roasted cashews
How To Make Fishcakes and Avocado Bahn Mi
- Cook or bake fish cakes according to instructions on the packaging.
- Place the sesame oil, water, carrot and vinegar in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise onto the rolls and divide the cucumber, carrot and fishcakes between them.
- Add the sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce.
- Top with the coriander and chilli and serve with the spring onion and chopped roasted cashews.