Good Hope Soy "Chicken" Paprikash
A Hungarian dish that can be described as a deliciously rich, flavourful, and creamy Paprika-infused sauce.
Time: 20 minutes
Recipe by: Monicia Horne
2-3 Chicken Breasts – vegan or non-vegan
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 cloves of Garlic
1 tbsp Sweet paprika
1 tbsp red pepper flakes.
1 tbs Fresh parsley, chopped
1 diced Onion
1 bell pepper ,chopped
1 tin chopped Tomatoes
1 cup Clover Good Hope Soy milk
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp Flour – to thicken the sauce. Be sure to cook off the raw flour taste.
A dollop of Sour cream or coconut cream
1. Cook the chicken: In a Dutch oven or medium size pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the
chicken pieces, onion, bell pepper and spices to the pot and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes
2. Create the sauce: In a small bowl whisk together the flour and sour cream with the Clover Good Hope soy milk. Pour this mixture back into the pot and stir. Turn the heat down to a medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken from the flour.
3. Garnish with parsley and serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.
- Use coconut cream instead of sour cream to keep the dish vegn
- You could also use mushrooms instead of chicken